Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Dog Art" Nancy Daleo Los Angeles, California

DOG ART
Nancy Daleo   Los Angeles, California
Original oil painting  Size: 14" x 11"
This oil painting was inspired by my Dalmatian, Buddy, a rescue dog. I spotted Buddy running around the Silverlake Reservoir on my way home from a yoga class at Silverlake Yoga almost a decade ago. He had a rope tied around his neck and was very thin with rashes. I chased him for about two hours throughout the steep hills that Silverlake is known for. At one point, Buddy jumped on top of a roof and I had to ask permission from the homeowner to retrieve him. Once I chased him from the man's rooftop, Buddy evaded my grasp once again and headed for an open field overgrown with weeds. I don't know why I didn't give up, but I pursued him until he finally looked at me just as he is in the above closeup, and then sat down, finally giving up the chase. Since then, he has been a favourite model of mine for my Dog Art.

Please help the shelters and rescues...chase a rescue from your streets and into your heart and home.
Please email waredaleo@sbcglobal.net

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love your story about Buddy and what you are doing to promote adoptions from shelters. My dog is a rescue and I think that's the only way to find new furry friends. I've done a painting of my guy and would love to post it and his story here. Please let me know how to proceed if that's okay to do. nancygoldman@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! We would love to have you post your art and story about your rescue. I just sent you an invite. If you have any difficulty, please let me know. I always promote adoption from shelters, rescues and the streets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete